Monday, August 29, 2011

What a difference a year makes!

Jacob's first day of school was last week. We have him in a different school this year. In a K/1 split. And OHMYGOD. What a difference. Let me recap. The first week of school last year consisted of tears and trips to the Principal's office. He was only FOUR! I do regret starting him early, especially since I had no idea Kindergarten had turned into a college prep grade. This year he is encouraged and rewarded. Whereas last year his teacher told my husband and me, "well, I don't think Jacob will ever be able to get a 'prize' out of the prize box." THANKS. My husband, who also teaches, was less than thrilled with her to say the least. And I almost felt like asking her if she forgot that she's a KINDERGARTEN teacher!  Last year was a nightmare to say the least. I have high hopes for this year!

No comments: