Saturday, August 21, 2010

Life After Death

Wow. I almost forgot I had a blog. Well, I did forget that I had a blog to be honest. My last post was December 22, 2008!

I completely cleaned everything out. Im not sure if that's considered "cheating" or not but I am in SUCH a different place in my life now; the old blog did not represent me anymore AT ALL.

Im sure what little follwers I had before are gone now but that's OK. Im sure I'll manage to wrangle in a few new ones.

The last year and a half has been both wonderful and tragic.

Early 2009 I got a job and my family moved into an adorable little house in a fantastic neighborhood. One month later we found out we were expecting our 2nd baby. Busy and excited barely sum up 2009; it was a wonderful year. We ended it with the birth of our beautiful baby boy, Nolan. My older son, Jacob had a brother and our family was complete. Life was good. Life was darn near perfect.

Then 2010 came and sent my world into a tailspin.

February 8th was the worst day of my life. My husband and I woke up to every parents worst nightmare. After all best efforts were made we became a family minus one that day. It became the first day of my new life. My life as a bereaved mother. It's not a club you want to join. It's not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

It has been one horrible journey but I have slowly started to pick up the pieces. I find doing things such as my photography and writing bearable again. Even healing. I must say the most healing thing for me though was getting pregnant with my Rainbow Baby. Getting pregnant again showed me a light that I thought was gone forever.

Im hoping that, maybe this blog will reach other bereaved parents and can be a source of understanding, comfort and encouragement for them. Journaling has been such a wonderful outlet for me while I have been on this bumpy ride. And since my love for photography crept back into my life I figured hey, why not combine the two and start up that old blog again?

So, here I am.

1 comment:

Ashley Hawkes said...

Yay! I am so glad that you are blogging again! I can't even imagine the pain and suffering your family has been through but I am so happpy that you are able to talk about it as you heal. xoxo